Ready to become a member?
You can pay your membership fee into our bank account: 02-0184-0017957-00. Please include Membership and your surname as references.
MEMBERSHIP FEES (12 MONTH)
Under-20 & full time students
2 adults & children under-20
Over-20 sailing member
Why join French BAY?
- Be part of a dynamic local group of enthusiastic dinghy sailors
- Use of the clubhouse and its facilities for recreational sailing and racing
- Use of FBYC Topaz and Optimist dinghies (fees may apply)
- Use of a RIB in support of qualifying away regattas
- Access to FBYC’s range of coaching programmes
- Complimentary RIB and LTS instructor training
- Discounted rate for hall hire, subject to availability
- Yachting New Zealand, Friends of the Manukau Harbour and Auckland Yacht and Boating Association Membership
As the club operates on a not for profit basis for the common good of the community, all members are expected to volunteer their time to:
- help run the galley
- meet at Committee or Sub-Committees to conduct club business
- patrol boat / safety crew operation*
- being Officer of the Day
- running races or assisting with race management
- boat and equipment maintenance
- property maintenance
- running or assisting with running courses, such as Kids Learn to Sail*
*the Club will fund your course fees if you require training in these areas.